Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Where do I begin

Well its been a long year and a bit. My first diagnosis was that I was anemic because I was so tired. Then In January I had a bowel abscess, which landed me in the hospital for 6 long days and while there they found a dermoid cyst on my left ovary which they removed in May. Meanwhile while checking my thyroid they found 3 enlarged lymph nodes, (still feeling tired and unwell). So I went to a wonderful ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat doctor), his name was Dr. Thompson. He took a needle biopsy and the results came back inconclusive saying that more tests needed to be done, then I had another needle biopsy but this time it was of the larger lymph node and it was done by ultra sound. Again nothing; same results as before. But each time I went back I had more and more swollen lymph nodes. Dr Thompson was concerned so he took out a lymph node to be tested. This was between April 28 and Aug 18, when I first found my first results. So my first Results was Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. they thought it was in the first stage and maybe I wouldn't be treated for awhile. Now off to my oncologist, he did blood work, Bone marrow and bone biopsy test and PET scan. And on Sept 19, I found out I had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 4, and needing chemotherapy, ASAP

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Rose, Love the new blog, keep it up and remember everyone's thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose you'll beat this I know it ..love u Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea, I love the blog! Keeps everyone up to date with your progress and gives you a place to express your thoughts, even though I know that you are a pretty private person this might encourage you to "speak" so to say..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey love the blog and love the picture so iam happy this week is over and you will beat this love and miss ya . lee

    ReplyDelete